A summary of the Scripting News posts about New Orleans.
1. On the flight from Atlanta to New Orleans I did a 50-minute podcast with Janet, a woman who lost her house and all her posessions in the Lakeview section of New Orleans. It might be the best MCN so far.
2. New Orleans Coffee Notes. An essay.
3. Ernie the Attorney on Magazine Street in New Orleans.
4. New Flickr set: I toured the Lakeview section, New Orleans East and the French Quarter today with Ernie the Attorney
6. Biloxi/Gulfport after Katrina: These two Gulf Coast cities took the brunt of Hurricane Katrina. A 25-foot storm surge from the gulf wiped out the populous beach communities for several blocks inland. Unlike the pictures of New Orleans’ hurricane damage, these pictures show empty lots where houses and businesses used to stand.
7. I saw a sign on St Charles pointing to http://www.nola.us/. Looks like it might be an interesting New Orleans community site. I’ve been looking for something like that.
8. 1997 DaveNet piece about New Orleans.