1. Wouldn’t it be cool if the vetting process for potential VP’s were an open process, blogged about by the parties in real-time? Remove indirection from the trial-balloons. And it’s not as if the press isn’t already doing their own vetting.
2. A user of NewsJunk asked for a mobile version, so we created one. Not much more to say about it other than it works really well on an iPhone, Blackberry, Treo, Nokia, etc. and looks boring on a desktop computer.
3. I have never been so informed about political news as I am now that I am involved in NewsJunk. As with podcasting, which was a success for me because my iPod overflows with interesting podcasts — Mission Accomplished! It’s all gravy from here.
4. NewsJunk seems to fill a void. It’s been running for a couple of weeks, and so far no one has sent a pointer that says “Here’s a site that does the same thing.” Of course now I’ll get a dozen, but I doubt if they do.
5. Wonkette wins the prize for most interesting ‘lite’ story of the day. Turns out that when the First Lady travels, she takes an Airstream trailer with her. And she hangs out in the trailer during flights. They have a picture of the trailer installed in a military transport plane. What’s in the trailer? (Update: Interior pictures here.)
6. Before you think ill of her, she did something very gracious yesterday, coming to the defense of Michelle Obama, explaining what she clearly meant, and undermining the meanies who would make an innocent comment into a “cause” for outrage. As I said yesterday, we’re onto the M.O. of the crabby right wing bastards. Find a new schtick.
7. An amazing story that almost makes me feel sympathetic for the President, he says to the Times of London that he regrets his legacy as a man who wanted war.
8. Representative Dennis Kucinich proposed 35 articles of impeachment today against President Bush.
9. The Top-25 page continues to do an excellent job of culling interesting stories.